Join Here

Join up to edit this article or to create one yourself. It takes just a moment and it's free

How to use this wiki site

Learn more about how this wiki works here.

Produced by

mallalamuseum.gif

OPEN SUNDAYS

2.00 - 4.30pm.

Other times

by appointment.

Supported by

SweetTechnology9.gif

National Trust of South Australia

 

Difference between revisions of "Jubilee General Store"

From Mallala
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "<(.*)flickr>" to "")
(4 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 32: Line 32:
 
*Mallala Museum research Notes - Mallala Businesses
 
*Mallala Museum research Notes - Mallala Businesses
 
{{Flickr
 
{{Flickr
|FlickrID=<flickr>5908945664</flickr>
+
|FlickrID=5908945664
 
}}
 
}}
 
{{Flickr
 
{{Flickr
|FlickrID=<flickr>3835410696</flickr>
+
|FlickrID=3835410696
 
}}
 
}}
 
{{Flickr
 
{{Flickr
|FlickrID=<flickr>3834617025</flickr>
+
|FlickrID=3834617025
 
}}
 
}}
 
{{Flickr
 
{{Flickr
|FlickrID=<flickr>3834616495</flickr>
+
|FlickrID=3834616495
 
}}
 
}}

Revision as of 03:11, 7 March 2012

Fast Facts
Type of organisation: Business
Also known as: Wordens Store, Pyms, Robinsons, Seven Stars Cafe
Street number: 7
Street name: Wasleys
Street suffix: Road
Town or locality: Mallala
Date established:
"{{{Date approximate}}}" is not recognized as a Boolean (true/false) value.
The date "c. 1870" was not understood.


Business or purpose: General Store
Loading map...
"{{{Date approximate}}}" is not recognized as a Boolean (true/false) value.

The 'Jubilee' General Store was built at 7 Wasleys Road by Mr Ebeneezer Hastwell prior to 1870.

Later, it was owned by Mr A. Dunstan who had a horse drawn buggy with which he visited farms and establishments as far as Wasleys. Mr Dunstan owned the store for 21 years until he eventually sold it to Woolcock, Worden & Co. in 1914.

It then became known as 'Wordens Store'. Mr Woolcock continued the visits to the farms and on to Wasleys.

Mr A. Pym purchased the store from Woolcock, Worden & Co. in c. 1948 and managed it until 1974 when he retired to Adelaide.

Following a quick turnover of several owners, Mrs Robinson closed the store in 2001.

After several years as a private home, the shop reopened as the Seven Stars Cafe. This venture only operated for a short time before closing, and the building is again a private home.


Related Articles

External Links

Sources

  • Mallala Museum research Notes - Mallala Businesses
Weddell and Dunstan Store at Mallala
Weddell and Dunstan Store at Mallala


Wordens Shop
Wordens Shop


Wordens  Staff
Wordens Staff


Pyms store
Pyms store

Print Print    Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by RSS

Bookmark and Share