Difference between revisions of "Jubilee General Store"
| Line 6: | Line 6: | ||
|StreetSuffix=Road | |StreetSuffix=Road | ||
|Locality=Mallala | |Locality=Mallala | ||
| − | |Geocoordinates= | + | |Geocoordinates=34.437555° S, 138.510792° E |
|DateEstablished=c. 1870 | |DateEstablished=c. 1870 | ||
|BusinessPurpose=General Store | |BusinessPurpose=General Store | ||
| − | }} The "Jubilee" General Store was built at 7 Wasleys Road by Mr. Ebeneezer Hastwell prior to 1870. | + | }} |
| + | The "Jubilee" General Store was built at 7 Wasleys Road by Mr. Ebeneezer Hastwell prior to 1870. | ||
Later, it was owned by Mr. A. Dunstan, who had a horse drawn buggy with which he visited farms and establishments as far as Wasleys. Mr. Dunstan owned the store for 21 years, until he eventually sold it to Woolcock, Worden & Co. in 1914. | Later, it was owned by Mr. A. Dunstan, who had a horse drawn buggy with which he visited farms and establishments as far as Wasleys. Mr. Dunstan owned the store for 21 years, until he eventually sold it to Woolcock, Worden & Co. in 1914. | ||
| Line 34: | Line 35: | ||
*Mallala Museum research Notes -Mallala Businesses | *Mallala Museum research Notes -Mallala Businesses | ||
| − | |||
{{Flickr | {{Flickr | ||
|FlickrID=<flickr>3835410696</flickr> | |FlickrID=<flickr>3835410696</flickr> | ||
| − | }} {{Flickr | + | }} |
| + | {{Flickr | ||
|FlickrID=<flickr>3834617025</flickr> | |FlickrID=<flickr>3834617025</flickr> | ||
| − | }} {{Flickr | + | }} |
| + | {{Flickr | ||
|FlickrID=<flickr>3834616495</flickr> | |FlickrID=<flickr>3834616495</flickr> | ||
}} | }} | ||
Revision as of 19:28, 8 September 2009
| Type of organisation: | Business |
| Also known as: | Wordens Store, Pyms, Robinsons, Seven Stars Cafe |
| Street number: | 7 |
| Street name: | Wasleys |
| Street suffix: | Road |
| Town or locality: | Mallala |
| Date established: | "{{{Date approximate}}}" is not recognized as a Boolean (true/false) value. The date "c. 1870" was not understood.
|
| Business or purpose: | General Store |
The "Jubilee" General Store was built at 7 Wasleys Road by Mr. Ebeneezer Hastwell prior to 1870.
Later, it was owned by Mr. A. Dunstan, who had a horse drawn buggy with which he visited farms and establishments as far as Wasleys. Mr. Dunstan owned the store for 21 years, until he eventually sold it to Woolcock, Worden & Co. in 1914.
It then became known as "Wordens Store". Mr. Woolcock continued the visits to the farms and on to Wasleys.
Mr. A. Pym purchased the store from Woolcock, Worden & Co. in c.1948 and managed it until 1974 when he retired to Adelaide.
Following a quick turnover of several owners, Mrs. Robinson closed the store in 2001.
After several years as a private home, the shop reopened as the Seven Stars Cafe. This venture only operated for a short time before closing, and is again a private home.
Related Articles
External Links
Sources
- Mallala Museum research Notes -Mallala Businesses
Flickr Error ( Not a valid ID ): PhotoID not numeric
Flickr Error ( Not a valid ID ): PhotoID not numeric
Flickr Error ( Not a valid ID ): PhotoID not numeric
Print
Subscribe by RSS
