Difference between revisions of "Jubilee General Store"
m |
m (Proofed.) |
||
| Line 10: | Line 10: | ||
|BusinessPurpose=General Store | |BusinessPurpose=General Store | ||
}} | }} | ||
| − | The | + | The 'Jubilee' General Store was built at 7 Wasleys Road by Mr Ebeneezer Hastwell prior to 1870. |
| − | Later, it was owned by Mr | + | Later, it was owned by Mr A. Dunstan who had a horse drawn buggy with which he visited farms and establishments as far as Wasleys. Mr Dunstan owned the store for 21 years until he eventually sold it to Woolcock, Worden & Co. in 1914. |
| − | It then became known as | + | It then became known as 'Wordens Store'. Mr Woolcock continued the visits to the farms and on to Wasleys. |
| − | Mr | + | Mr A. Pym purchased the store from Woolcock, Worden & Co. in c. 1948 and managed it until 1974 when he retired to Adelaide. |
| − | Following a quick turnover of several owners, Mrs | + | Following a quick turnover of several owners, Mrs Robinson closed the store in 2001. |
After several years as a private home, the shop reopened as the Seven Stars Cafe. This venture only operated for a short time before closing, and is again a private home. | After several years as a private home, the shop reopened as the Seven Stars Cafe. This venture only operated for a short time before closing, and is again a private home. | ||
| − | <br> | + | <br> |
== Related Articles == | == Related Articles == | ||
| − | |||
| − | |||
== External Links == | == External Links == | ||
| − | |||
| − | |||
== Sources == | == Sources == | ||
| − | *Mallala Museum research Notes -Mallala Businesses | + | *Mallala Museum research Notes - Mallala Businesses |
{{Flickr | {{Flickr | ||
|FlickrID=<flickr>3835410696</flickr> | |FlickrID=<flickr>3835410696</flickr> | ||
Revision as of 19:07, 14 September 2009
| Type of organisation: | Business |
| Also known as: | Wordens Store, Pyms, Robinsons, Seven Stars Cafe |
| Street number: | 7 |
| Street name: | Wasleys |
| Street suffix: | Road |
| Town or locality: | Mallala |
| Date established: | "{{{Date approximate}}}" is not recognized as a Boolean (true/false) value. The date "c. 1870" was not understood.
|
| Business or purpose: | General Store |
The 'Jubilee' General Store was built at 7 Wasleys Road by Mr Ebeneezer Hastwell prior to 1870.
Later, it was owned by Mr A. Dunstan who had a horse drawn buggy with which he visited farms and establishments as far as Wasleys. Mr Dunstan owned the store for 21 years until he eventually sold it to Woolcock, Worden & Co. in 1914.
It then became known as 'Wordens Store'. Mr Woolcock continued the visits to the farms and on to Wasleys.
Mr A. Pym purchased the store from Woolcock, Worden & Co. in c. 1948 and managed it until 1974 when he retired to Adelaide.
Following a quick turnover of several owners, Mrs Robinson closed the store in 2001.
After several years as a private home, the shop reopened as the Seven Stars Cafe. This venture only operated for a short time before closing, and is again a private home.
Related Articles
External Links
Sources
- Mallala Museum research Notes - Mallala Businesses
Flickr Error ( Not a valid ID ): PhotoID not numeric
Flickr Error ( Not a valid ID ): PhotoID not numeric
Flickr Error ( Not a valid ID ): PhotoID not numeric
Print
Subscribe by RSS
