Join Here

Join up to edit this article or to create one yourself. It takes just a moment and it's free

How to use this wiki site

Learn more about how this wiki works here.

Produced by

mallalamuseum.gif

OPEN SUNDAYS

2.00 - 4.30pm.

Other times

by appointment.

Supported by

SweetTechnology9.gif

National Trust of South Australia

 

Difference between revisions of "Jubilee General Store"

From Mallala
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Proofed.)
Line 20: Line 20:
 
Following a quick turnover of several owners, Mrs Robinson closed the store in 2001.  
 
Following a quick turnover of several owners, Mrs Robinson closed the store in 2001.  
  
After several years as a private home, the shop reopened as the Seven Stars Cafe. This venture only operated for a short time before closing, and is again a private home.  
+
After several years as a private home, the shop reopened as the Seven Stars Cafe. This venture only operated for a short time before closing, and the building is again a private home.  
  
<br>
+
<br>  
  
 
== Related Articles  ==
 
== Related Articles  ==

Revision as of 01:43, 17 September 2009

Fast Facts
Type of organisation: Business
Also known as: Wordens Store, Pyms, Robinsons, Seven Stars Cafe
Street number: 7
Street name: Wasleys
Street suffix: Road
Town or locality: Mallala
Date established:
"{{{Date approximate}}}" is not recognized as a Boolean (true/false) value.
The date "c. 1870" was not understood.


Business or purpose: General Store
Loading map...
"{{{Date approximate}}}" is not recognized as a Boolean (true/false) value.

The 'Jubilee' General Store was built at 7 Wasleys Road by Mr Ebeneezer Hastwell prior to 1870.

Later, it was owned by Mr A. Dunstan who had a horse drawn buggy with which he visited farms and establishments as far as Wasleys. Mr Dunstan owned the store for 21 years until he eventually sold it to Woolcock, Worden & Co. in 1914.

It then became known as 'Wordens Store'. Mr Woolcock continued the visits to the farms and on to Wasleys.

Mr A. Pym purchased the store from Woolcock, Worden & Co. in c. 1948 and managed it until 1974 when he retired to Adelaide.

Following a quick turnover of several owners, Mrs Robinson closed the store in 2001.

After several years as a private home, the shop reopened as the Seven Stars Cafe. This venture only operated for a short time before closing, and the building is again a private home.


Related Articles

External Links

Sources

  • Mallala Museum research Notes - Mallala Businesses

Flickr Error ( Not a valid ID ): PhotoID not numeric


Flickr Error ( Not a valid ID ): PhotoID not numeric


Flickr Error ( Not a valid ID ): PhotoID not numeric

Print Print    Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by RSS

Bookmark and Share